Before you put on the start to the below mentioned process make one thing clear that in some cases the process can go wrong, as our responses and our experts have approved and suggested this process but still in any unwanted mishap the administration of the website and its team will not be responsible for any damage or loss to the handset, so before starting make this thing sure that the user will be whole sole responsible for all the upcoming consequences.
Before we begin, make sure that you have battery charged over 60 % and have backed up all your important Contacts, Call Logs& Messages. It is highly recommended in case of any mishap or data loss to backup all your important data.
- Download Odin PC – Get it here
- Download Samsung USB Drivers – Get here
- Download & Unzip CF Auto Root Package file once on your desktop
- Download CF Auto Root Package file for your Galaxy S4 GT-I9500
- Download CF Auto Root Package file for your Galaxy S4 GT-I9505
Please keep in mind that as soon as you root your device, you will void the warranty of your device, so everything you do, do it at your own risk.
- Download and install Samsung USB drivers first of all.
- Download, unzip and run Odin PC.
- Put your GS4 in download mode by pressing and holding Volume Down + Home + Power key at the same time, you should get a screen showing a warning and asking to continue, press Volume Up to continue.
- Now your phone should be in downloading mode. Connect your phone to your pc using original Samsung Data Cable.
- As soon as Odin detects your phone the ID: COM box will turn light blue.
- Click on the PDA tab and select the file you downloaded in step 3.
- Make sure that the options selected in your Odin are same as shown above.
- Click Start and the root process should start showing you a process bar in the first box above ID: COM.
The process is quite fast and will finish in a few seconds, as soon as it ends, your phone will restart and you’ll see the CF Auto root installing SuperSu on your phone.
Congratulations you have your Samsung Galaxy S4 rooted now!
Installing ClockWorkMod [CWM]
The method explained above is basically for beginners and does not install a custom recovery in your phone; it simply installs a stock recovery with having your phone rooted. Custom recovery allows you to modify in your phone in so many other ways like flashing custom ROMs, flashing modes etc.
In order to flash a custom recovery after rooting your SGS4 download the following file.
- Download CWM Advanced Edition for your Galaxy S4 GT-I9500
- Download CWM Advanced Edition for your Galaxy S4 GT-I9505
Now you need to follow the same procedure explained above to root your phone but this time instead of giving it CF Auto Root file in the PDA tab you need to give it the downloaded CWM Advanced Edition [Philz Touch] file for your phone, the recovery will be flashed within a few seconds. You can enter the custom recovery now pressing and holding Volume Up + Home + Power Key.
In Short the method is explained here once again.
- Download the CWM Recovery according to your phone.
- You do not need to unzip this downloaded file as it is already in .tar.md5 format.
- Open Odin.
- Put your phone in download mode and connect it to your computer using the data cable, the ID: COM box should turn now as shown and explained above.
- Click on PDA tab and select the downloaded .tar.md5 file.
- Click Start, the process will start and give you a PASS indication above the ID: COM box if it installed the recovery successfully!