The following setup and tutorial is being established for the individuals which are willing to connect their PC or Laptop with the Internet available for their mobile usage if they are associated with the telecom company; Mobilink. Basically it is being connected through the GPRS system provided by the Mobilink. The individual must be equipped with following items, in order to connect your PC or Laptop with Mobilink’s GPRS;
- Make sure that you have device drivers of your phone. Otherwise you won’t be able to connect your PC/Laptop with internet. This driver can be found in a CD that comes with your handset’s pack. Make sure that you have installed the handset driver on your PC (Please ask help in comments below if you having problems with driver installation, but remember, i will not provide any driver for any handset)
- Assuming that your Handset driver is installed on your PC, now make sure that your GPRS is activated on your Mobilink Jazz/Indigo numbers. If not then call your helpline and get it activated.
- Please remember that connecting to internet through PC consumes high bandwidth, so make sure that you have unlimited GPRS package activated on your Mobilink Indigo Numbers (that comes at Rs. 500 per month). Mobilink Jazz Customers note that you will be charges at Rs. 15 per MB, so be careful while you are using GPRS on your Jazz Numbers
Setting of Connecting PC/Laptop to Internet with Mobilink GPRS
Okay seems, now you have all necessary things with you in order to connect internet on PC/Laptop with help of Mobilink GPRS. So keep on reading to complete the tutorial.
(Hey, don’t ask me that i didn’t mention handset, Mobilink connection and a PC or Laptop; yea these are must have things, i know you are not dumb)
Step 1: Configuring your Phone Modem to use Internet:
Go to the Control Panel and Double click Phone and Modem Options
Once you double click on modems,
- Click on the Modems Tab on the top.
- You will see a list of modems installed in your PC3.
- Select the “GSM” phone Modem and click on properties (don’t worry if you see a different set of modems on this window. like you can have Samsung GSM Modem, Blackberry, Sony Ericsson W200 GSM etc.. the idea is to select your GSM modem for whatever phone you are using)
- Now click on the Advanced Tab on the top.
A new Window will appear;
- In the Extra initialization command field write the following string
- After adding the command please Click ok and ok again.
String For Postpaid:
For Jazz: AT+CGDCONT=1,”IP”, “jazzconnect.mobilinkworld.com”
Note: Please note that don’t omit or add any spaces, commas, quotes or anything. Copy this string as it is
Now Press on Okay, save and close all windows
Step 2: Creating Dialup Connection
Now again go into Control Panel, and make a new Dialup Connection, by clicking on “Network Connections button”.
Follow other settings as shown in the figures below
In network Connection, click on Create a new connection
(this option is available in “Network Tasks” on top of left menu)
While clicking on “Create a new Connection” following windows will appear.
Simple press next on first window
Select Connect to the internet.
Now the setup wizard will open up and simply just follow the instructions as they are being asked by the wizard;
- Click NEXT to proceed
- Now following two windows will appear, select “Set up connection manually” click next. In next window select “Connect to internet Using Dial-up Modem”…Click Next
- Select your phone from the list of modems installed in your PC, Click next
- Give the connection any name of your liking, Click Next
- Phone number is: *99#, Click next
- User name and Password both same: Mobilink. Uncheck “Make this the default internet connection” as the figure below shows, Click Next
- Click on finish…!
Until now, you have successfully added dial up connection, now let’s connect this Laptop / PC with internet…!
Step 3: Connecting to internet
Go into “Network Connections” from Control Panel or Desktop, and click on Connection XYZ, that you just made
Simple press “Dial” and start enjoying internet browsing…! That’s it
If you are unable to connect to internet, then double check following things
- open the dialup connection made for Mobilink GPRS and click on Properties
- In the Generals Tab check if the Correct modem I.e. your phone is checked and all the other modems are unchecked as follows.