Before you get on to the process for installing the ClockWorkMod Recovery system and root on your Q Mobile Noir A900, do take few things under consideration which is that your phone device must already be rooted! Check this thread to root your device first and secondly Before you put on the start to the below mentioned process make one thing clear that in some cases the process can go wrong, as our responses and our experts have approved and suggested this process but still in any unwanted mishap the administration of the website and its team will not be responsible for any damage or loss to the handset, so before starting make this thing sure that the user will be whole sole responsible for all the upcoming consequences.
How to Root and Install CWM Recovery on Qmobile Noir A900
1. Download THIS file. Extract all files somewhere, Example; D:\noir. You will get 3 folders: “MT6577 USB VCOM drivers”, “recovery_files” and “SP_Flash_Tool_v3.1224.01″
2. Installation of VCOM driver: Even if you have already installed VCOM drivers, install these as well as they’re must. Run InstallDriver.exe to install. Then turn OFF your phone, connect with USB cable and drivers will get installed automatically.
3. Open SP_Flash_Tool* folder and run Flash_tool.exe. Click on Scatter-loading button; navigate to recovery_files folder which you extracted and select “MT6577_Android_scatter_emmc.txt”. Click OK and ignore if any errors come up.
4. Make sure ONLY RECOVERY IS CHECKED! All other entries must be unchecked.
5. Turn off your device. Remove the battery and reinsert after few seconds. Do NOT turn on the device yet.
6. Click the Download button in Smart Phone Flash Tool. Now connect your Noir A900 while still in off state.
7. It will be detected in SP Flash tool; a red bar will progress to 100%. Then it will ask to connect cable in 12 seconds but DO NOT removes the cable or does anything. Just let the timer finish, it will again show progress bar and at the end you will get a small window with green circle.
That means the recovery was successfully flashed!
In Case Of Errors When You Press Download & Connect Phone:
If you’re getting errors like BROM DL_ALL failed, then follow this procedure, which will flash recovery to all MTK phones without SP Flash Tool:
- Download the script from here and extract somewhere.
- Three recoveries are pre-included. Rename the one for your phone to recovery.img
- Set phone to USB Debugging mode from developer options and connect to PC, or start it in recovery mode.
- Then run the file named flashit.bat
If any errors occur like phone not detected, your ADB drivers are NOT installed. So install MT6577 / MT6575 drivers properly.
Things to take under consideration:
- To go in the recovery mode of Noir A900, hold down volume UP and power button. Release when the logo appears.
- For backup, you should have at least 1GB free on SD card. Go to backups/restore and make a backup. You should get the folder ClockWorkMod on your SD card with 2 sub folders in it. (Backup and blobs).
- I have tried the backup so far and it successfully makes the backup. Haven’t tried the restore functionality YET so please either waits for confirmation OR you can try to test the restore on your own and report here.
UPDATE: Restore works too as per user reports. So this is a fully functional recovery for Noir A900!