Here we will discuss the ingredients and method for making the Pakistani chicken biryani recipe. As every Pakistani would love to eat chicken biryani. Almost in every home, house wives prepare chicken biryani at least once in a week. But mostly women don’t know that how to make delicious and tasty chicken biryani. In this post, we will discuss the main ingredients and method for making the Pakistani chicken biryani. The preparation time for making the chicken biryani is 15-20 minutes and the cooking time is 1 hour.
Pakistani Chicken Biryani Recipe
- 1 kg of basmati rice.
- 1 kg chicken and cut into pieces.
- 2 cups of clarified butter.
- 4 sliced onions.
- 2 tablespoon of ginger paste.
- 2 tablespoon of garlic paste.
- 2 tablespoon of red chili powder.
- Half tablespoon of turmeric powder.
- 1 tablespoon of salt.
- 3 cinnamon sticks.
- 6 cloves.
- 2 chopped tomatoes.
- 1 kg yogurt.
- Mint leaves.
- 4 green chili.
Now we would like to discuss main steps for making the Pakistani chicken biryani. The main steps are as follows:
- The first step for making the chicken biryani is that you should heat clarified butter in the pot.
- The next step is that you should add spices and sliced onions and then fry until they get light brown.
- The third step is that you should add ginger and garlic paste and then fry until they release aroma.
- The next step is that adds chicken and cook nicely until the oil starts to float.
- Now, you should mix in yogurt and tomatoes. Afterwards, you should add salt, turmeric and red chili powder and then add cup of water.
- You should simmer on little flame until the oil begins to float. Now you should add mint leaves and green chilies and then fry again for few minutes.
- Now the next important step for making chicken biryani is that you should fill the large pot with four liter water and then add salt and one stick of cinnamon and three cloves. Then bring to the rolling boil.
- Afterwards, you should add rice into the boiling water and then cook. Then you should strain the rice into the strainer.
- The last important step for making the chicken biryani is that layering. Now spread the clarified butter from the chicken gravy in the large pot. Then you should spread the layer of rice. Repeat this step with another layering.
- After doing layering, you should spread the thick cloth over the mouth of pan and then cover with the tight lid.
- Lastly, you should steam the biryani at very low heat for almost 20 minutes.
So these are main steps for making the chicken biryani recipe. After 20 minutes, serve the biryani with eggplant curry and raita.