Water reservoir are always important for a country, progress is always depends on them. A reason of energy and agriculture crisis in Pakistan is only due to minimum numbers of DAMS. It is according to the Commission on Large Dams that so far the total dams and also reservoirs in Pakistan are 150. Currently how many dams are in Pakistan a complete list of these names is combine here. We have seen that Tarbela Dam has been marked as the largest earth filled dam so far in the world it is also the second largest by its structural volume. We have also Mirani Dam that has been marked as the largest dam so far in the world when it comes to terms of volume for the flood protection; we have also Sabakzai Dam that has been also largest dam in the world with a huge capacity of storing water! Now you can check out the names of important dams in Pakistan along with their locations and heights with their capacity:
- Ghazi Barotha Dam:
It has been located at the west of Attock in Punjab. Its construction on the project just began in 1995 and its first two 290 MW generators were actually commissioned that also helpful to minimize energy crisis.
- Auxiliary Kandar Dam:
It has been situated in Kohat,
- Height: 23 metres (75 ft)
- Aza Khel Dam:
This dam has established in Peshawar,
- Height: 23 metres (75 ft)
- Baran Dam: it has the height of 24 metres (79 ft)
- Chaatri Dam: in Haripur: Its height is 26 metres (85 ft)
- Chanda Fateh Khan Dam: it has been situated in Kohat, its height is 25 metres (82 ft)
- Simly Dam: it is in Islamabad Capital Territory
- Haji Shah Dam: it is in Attock, Punjab, it has a height of 22 metres (72 ft)
- Rawal Dam: it is in Islamabad Capital Territory
- Jawa Dam: It has been situated in Dhalla, Rawalpindi District, it of 25 metres (82 ft) height
- Akra Kaur Dam: It is in Gwadar, its height is 21 metres (69 ft)
- Amach Dam: In Mastung, it is of 2 metres (50 ft) height.
- Band-e-Chaman Dam: It is in Turbat, it is of a height of 15 metres (49 ft)
- Bostan Darra Dam: It situate near the major city of Baluchistan Quetta, it is of 20 metres (66 ft)
- Kakra Dam: It is in Mirpur District,Kakra, its height is 42 metres (138 ft)
- Mangla Dam: It is one big dam with height of 138 metres (453 ft) in Mirpur District.
So, these are the names of important dams in Pakistan along with their locations and heights! These all of short and large water storing capacity, but they are enough to get rid of energy crisis of such huge population strength. As Pakistan is depend on agriculture so it’s important that government compensate them in providing of water. With this now electricity down fall is going higher in Pakistan this is only way that electricity is produce through Hydal power situation that is only possible when number of dams are establish.